Here's what life coaching can do for you:
- Are there areas in your life where you feel stuck? I will help you look deeper at the true reasons you are finding yourself stuck in the "status quo" of any area of your life. I will help you identify the stakes in the ground of your heart and mind that keep you tethered and give you proven ways to pull up those stakes to get you moving forward again.
- Are you weary? Do you find yourself simply going through the motions? I will empower you take an honest look at how you are living your life and the ways that you "do" your life that have set you up for being weary and spent. I will shine light on mindsets and beliefs that no longer serve you well. I will help you joyfully embrace your passions and help you move beyond dutiful living.
- Are you in a season of transition? I will help you successfully navigate the "wild and wooly" waters of transition in ways that will make you feel more empowered, more human and less lost. Some common transitions are job changes, break ups, divorce, empty nesting, retirement, loss of a loved one and moving.
- Are you in a season of waiting? Waiting seasons can prove to be a very unsettling time. It's in the waiting where good things are happening underground but we often can't sense or see anything happening. Waiting seasons provide great potential for positive transformation, but it often doesn't feel that way at the time. I will teach you how to wait in mystery and yield to the process of becoming when you don't have the answers.
- Are you ready for a change but fear or lack of confidence is holding you back? I will provide a safe and non-judgmental space for you to name your fears and to face them. I will help you re-evaluate and renegotiate your present life to make room to birth something new.
- Do you desire to have healthier relationships and to be your "best self" as you relate to others? I will enable you to connect with your heart in ways that work for you. I will teach you how to invest more energy in loving others vs. self-preservation. I will coach you how to communicate well, listen well and appropriate and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Do you find yourself dealing with a new challenge (or the same old challenge)? I will provide a grace-filled space to explore these challenges with you, help you identify the obstacles that keep getting in your way and bring insight to any hidden resistance to making positive changes. I will co-labor with you to find workable strategies to overcome these challenges and support you as you practice implementing these strategies.
- Do you have a dream in your heart that you want to explore? I will become a student of you to help you identify your gifts, strengths, talents and passions. One of my coaching clients called me a "midwife who helps people birth dreams". It is my joy to help awaken the dreams within you and find creative ways to bring them forth.
- Do you want to awaken to life? I will help you understand what is holding you back. I will help you discover your God-given gifts, talents, passions and calling.
Areas of Specialty:
- navigating seasons of transition
- clarifying gifts, strengths, talents and passions
- identifying thinking patterns that impede moving forward
- tools for better communication
- setting and maintaining healthy boundaries
- navigating divorce and divorce recovery
- help for breaking out of being stuck in the comfort zone of the "status quo"
- walking through loss in a healthy way
- navigating being in a relationship with a narcissist
- recovery from burn out
What is the difference between life coaching and counseling?
According to the International Coaching Federation (ICF):
Coaching is the future-focused practice of partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires clients to maximize their personal and professional potential. Professional coaching focuses son setting goals, creating outcomes, and managing personal change. According to the ICF, a coach is responsible for discovering, clarifying, and aligning with what the client wants to achieve; encouraging client self-discovery; eliciting client-generated solutions and strategies; and holding the clients responsible and accountable for meeting goals and creating outcomes.
In essence, a life coach looks at your present and works with you to help you create the future you desire. A life coach works with situational issues for people who do not fall under a clinical diagnosis and/or require medical necessity for treatment of this diagnosis. A counselor or therapist looks at your past to help you manage your present in a healthier and more life-giving way and works with those who fall under a clinical diagnosis. A good life coach knows the limits of coaching and when it is appropriate to refer a client for counseling.
When you hire me as a life coach, I will offer you life coaching but will NOT be offering counseling. The life coaching services provided do not constitute behavioral health treatment, counseling, or the practice of psychotherapy, and a referral to a counselor will be offered if these services are needed or requested.
Free Telephone Consultation:
If you would like to explore life coaching with me, I offer a free telephone consultation to initially connect with you and listen to your needs, desires and goals. This gives both of us the opportunity to determine if we sense this is a good "fit" before we take the next step on the journey together. Please click here if you are interested in scheduling an appointment or have any questions concerning life coaching services.
Video Conferencing Sessions:
I utilize a cyber secure video platform for life coaching sessions. I have found that face-to-face conversations and connecting heart-to-heart over the air ways has proven to be a powerful avenue for life coaching.